Saturday, December 31, 2016

Sometimes I'm Afraid

I feel silly writing a blog.

I fear that people see it and think that I think I have something important to say. I do think I have something important to say. I like the way I frame things. It seems to me that other people appreciate it when I speak up about topics. But then I hear a voice asking me, "Why are your thoughts better than any others?"

I'm afraid that people will read my writing and think what I watching coach potatoes claim they can do a better job than professional athletes on the television.

In a world inundated with individuals "sharing" their every moment with the world, I wonder if there is any worth in submitting my thoughts to the same sea of personal disclosure.

I fear being too open. That somehow someone I work with will read what I've written and it might offend them.

I fear sharing thoughts about my personality, my inner thoughts, and my family, because someone I don't know might read them and learn something about me I don't want them to know.

I'm afraid that even if my sentences are coherent that my posts will too scattered to make sense - going from Gospel applications to social commentary to programming success to team building insights.

I'm afraid that I have something of a platform to share what God has done and risk not providing a balance to different thoughts represented on the internet.

I'm afraid that if I don't write some of my thoughts down they will never become clear.

I'm afraid that I won't have an outlet to practice writing and lose the discipline of expressing my thoughts clearly and concisely.

I'm afraid of losing a creative expression for poetry, metaphor, and turn of phrase. That email will become my only written expression that boils down to leaving co-workers electronic sticky notes.

I feel silly not writing a blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment